Rear-mount Ultrasonic Parking Assist
BackZone Plus Functionality
The BackZone Plus is a revolutionary rear mount ultrasonic parking assist system developed by Rostra Precision Controls and designed to give every driver peace-of-mind while parking their vehicle in cramped quarters. The BackZone Plus provides both visual and audible alerts to the potential dangers of nearby obstacles through the use of an included buzzer built into a digital display that can be mounted on your sun visor or dashboard. When the vehicle is shifted into reverse, the system will automatically engage and output a single "beep" alerting the driver it has been activated. The system will further alert the driver to the presence of obstacles within each of it's detection zones. From a pulsing beep to a steady tone, the BackZone Plus system works to keep drivers aware of their surroundings. The system goes silent again only when an obstacle is no longer in range of contacting the vehicle.
BackZone Plus Sensors
Included in every BackZone Plus ultrasonic parking assist system, you will find four bumper-mountable ultrasonic sensors with additional 6-degree and 12-degree angled bezels added to accommodate curved bumpers (see photos). Likewise, each kit includes four rubber sleeves to be used to reduce sensor vibration when mounting the ultrasonic sensors in steel bumpers. These sensors provide information to the main control module via the vehicle-length wiring harness, also included. The sensors included with each BackZone Plus arrive with a flat-black finish that can be painted to match the vehicle's exterior *.
* When painting of the sensors to match the vehicle's exterior is desired, it is highly recommended that a paint be used without any sort of metal flake mixed in as this type of paint can cause a false alarm situation when the vehicle is in reverse.
The cost of a parking aid is often less than the insurance deductible incurred in an accident. Protect your investment with Rostra's economical BackZone Plus!
- Safer Parking Decisions - Make safer parking decisions by using a BackZone Plus automotive parking assist to alert you to obstacles closing in on your vehicle while parking.
- Ultrasonic Detection - BackZone Plus' advanced ultrasonic-based technology means the system offers consistency on targets of all densities with fewer false alarms.
- Paintable Bumper Sensors - The flat black sensors included with each 250-1903-BZP BackZone Plus kit can be painted to match the factory fit and finish of your car!
- Audible Alarm - The audible alarm included in each BackZone Plus automotive parking assist kit provides a unique way of alerting drivers to nearby unseen obstacles.
BackZone Plus Detection Zones
- Safety Zone: 45" - 98" - When your vehicle is within the BackZone Plus' "Safety Zone", an object has been detected but is between 45" and 98" away. When an object is detected within this zone, a slow beeping will begin emanating from the digital display and green indicator lights will illuminate to let you know whether the object is more to the left or right-hand side of your vehicle. As you approach the detected object, the beeping will increase in rapidity.
- Caution Zone: 21" - 44" - The "Caution Zone" of the BackZone Plus is meant to increase your awareness to the fact that an object that has been detected between 21" and 44" from your vehicle. Once inside this zone, the beeping emanating from the digital display will increase in speed and yellow indicator lights will illuminate to let you know whether the object is more to the left or right-hand side of your vehicle. As you approach the detected object, the beeping will continue to increase in rapidity.
- Danger Zone: 0" - 20" - Once within the BackZone Plus' "Danger Zone", your vehicle is dangerously close to making contact with an object that has been detected. The audible beeping alert from the digital display will increase in speed from a staggered beeping to a solid tone. All indicator lights on the display's face will be illuminated at this point letting you know whether the object is more to the left or right-hand side of your vehicle.
Curb Alert PRO™ Parking Sensor by Brandmotion
With a Curb Alert PRO™ parking sensor, you'll no longer have to worry about damaging your vehicle's front bumper when pulling up to or leaving a curb, or approaching the end of a steep driveway. Using Infrared LED technology, the Curb Alert PRO™ curb sensor will reliably detect when you are getting too close to a curb and warn you with a short series of audible beeps, preventing expensive damage to your vehicle.
A completely new kind of parking aid, exclusive to Brandmotion
Curb Alert PRO™ is a patent-pending curb detection device that uses the latest in Infrared LED technology to determine the distance of your vehicle from a curb or other low obstacle. It sends out infrared waves that are analyzed by the system to determine how far your vehicle is from the curb. If it determines that your vehicle is dangerously close to the curb, it alerts you with an audible in-cabin tone to prevent damage to your front bumper, spoiler or valence panel. Housed within a weatherproof case to handle any weather conditions thrown at it. Curb Alert PRO™ is an invaluable and easily installed addition to any vehicle with a low front end, from a sports coupe to a hybrid.
No more embarrassing expensive parking lot “accidents”
It's happened to all of us. You pull up too close to a curb and you hear that ominous “SCRAAAAPE”. Sometimes, you'll remember to pull away slowly when you return and avoid further damage. But if you drive a sports car, or sports sedan, or any vehicle with a low front end (even a Prius, for example), you can “hook” your lower fascia and experience one of the worst automotive emotions possible – backing up and having the curb rip your lower valence panel or even your entire fascia from the car! It happens every day, to innocent drivers, which is exactly the core frustration for the Corvette owner and Curb Alert PRO™ inventor who approached us and asked us to help him commercialize his new invention. We thought it was clever, and useful. When we showed it to friends and family and the reaction was overwhelming – Why hasn't someone thought of this before!?
Then, we checked the vehicle online forums to see if people were talking about this problem. The response confirmed what our friends and family told us - this is a real problem and car owners are looking for a solution. See some of our findings for yourself (we were especially surprised to learn that the Prius – given its gentle image – has a pretty nasty curb damage problem!)